Friday, August 5, 2011

sylvia the homicidal demon kitten

Alanna is the cat whisperer. She can get the daycare cats to snuggle against her while they run from the other kids. I really don't know how she does it. She loves cats and wants one pretty soon. She is happy since she will be getting one of Beth's cats.

Now, my daycare lady, Vicky, just got a kitten from her daughter. This little tiny baby kitten was bottle fed from a pretty early age since her momma died from a seizure or some related illness. Poor baby. So Sylvia (the kitten) was raised and cuddled along with her brother and sister. So you would think this kitten would be sweet, right? Well she is...to all the daycare kids. Except Alanna. All the daycare kids drag, cuddle, love, and play with this kitten and she really doesn't do anything to them. Well, she attacks their socks, and if Natalie is bent over she flies at Natalie's hair, but other than that nothing really.

For some reason though, this kitten scares the crud out of Alanna. Like it is a sabertooth tiger come to maul the crap out of her. It is a freaking KITTEN! She stands there and screams bloody murder if this kitten walks by her. Vicky told me today that she about passed out because Alanna screamed so loud. I will say that Sylvia does launch herself at Alanna's feet a bit more forcefully than the other kids. (snorts with laughter)

Back to the story, I stopped at daycare to get the girls and all the kids were playing outside. I went into the house and noticed Sylvia lying on the couch. Vicky and I talked for a bit and Sylvia went outside...were there was a death cry. and a 45lb girl came running into the house and launched herself on my lap...trembling with fear. I was concerned trying to find out what the heck happened. I mean did she get stung, break something? I was really worried...until Sylvia sauntered into the house and Alanna screeched(really no other word for it) and tried to use me as a tree. I think she would have sat on top of my head to get away from the cat if I hadn't stood up. I pretty much lost it at this point. It is extremely difficult to comfort your child while trying not to laugh. I totally failed.

Now, Vicky tells me she thinks Alanna is so scared of Sylvia because of Natalie. The girl who protects her sister from massive harm. She yells at people for being mean to her sister. Oh yeah, but she can rile the cat up and chase Alanna with it. Yup, they are true sisters.

No comments: